ASB turns out the lights for “We Are LO” assembly

The Lights Out Assembly on Friday, Sept. 13 was the second assembly of the year, which kicked off the fall season with inclusivity and unity. The theme for the day and subsequent football game was “Lights Out,” hoping for students to wear all black to the game later.

This year’s ASB president, senior Alicia Lopez said, “The purpose of the assembly was to bring us all together for ‘We Are LO’ Day, a day to celebrate our unique student body and [to] support LO student service department and walk to defeat ALS.”

The Laker cheer team greeted students as they filed in, revving up the students.

During the assembly, the student body watched a video that was put together by junior Quinn Connell, which featured the students and staff of Lake Oswego High School and emphasized on the extracurriculars and arts of the school.

The Laker dance team then performed a stellar routine. The drumline hyped up the crowd, and Coach Coury gave an enthusiastic and motivational speech to the student body. And as usual, the assembly ended with everyone singing the Alma Mater.

The Lakers won their first home game against Jesuit later that night, 44-41. The student section was packed with much of the student body, showing off their school spirit with their black “We Are LO” shirts.

“I think [the assembly] had a huge impact on the turnout of the game,” Lopez added, “Having everyone together at the assembly wearing black was very unifying and got people excited for that night.”