Activities Director – Sydney Seymour

Sydney Seymour: (She/Her)

Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

• They should vote for me because every single one of us has the same end goal: to be loved, belonged, and important. I want each student to feel that way at LO and will do everything in my power to ensure that through entertaining, positive, and inclusive activities and events. 

Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?

• I’m the current Junior Activities Director and I love the involvement and opportunities it brings me every day. ASB will allow me to dive deeper into the LO community and keep us spirited and happy throughout the year. I want the activities we have to highlight all aspects of our school—performing arts, academics, athletics, staff members, and every student possible. I also want to use activities as a way to advocate for mental health to ensure that LO is a safe and open place. I want us to have fun next year. I want us to focus on the good things in life!! 

What sets you apart from the other candidates?

• I’m definitely a well-rounded person. I’m a snowboarder, optimist, poetry enthusiast, golfer, leader, extroverted introvert, blogger, the copy editor of our yearbook, and I’ve struggled with mental health myself. There’s a lot of things about me that I’m willing to share to connect with people on a different level. I’m honest. I love to have a good time but I’m also the type of person to have hour long cry sessions with my best friend and sit in bed all day eating pasta and binge-watching Disney movies. But, no matter what I’m doing inspiration is everywhere for me. I can come up with unique, fun ideas anytime anywhere which has helped me in the past as Junior Activities Director. 

How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

• I’m a committed to everything I do.  It can be an analytical English essay or a new snowboard trick or each of my friendships. I’m committed to our school and I want each student to feel comfortable in the place they spend half their time in. I’ve always had a strong passion for leading because it brings me closer to my community and I would do anything to make each student feel a part of the community we have. 

What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

• My greatest weakness is probably my sensitivity and emotional nature. I often take what people say to heart even if it’s constructive criticism. But I always  find a way to communicate and work with others and build myself back up! My greatest strength is my positivity. I love making people smile. I love helping others be happy. I value laughter and fun. And by being our ASB Activities Director, I believe I can emphasis all of these things at school through our events and activities. 

What do you think makes a good leader?

• A good leader needs to be a voice of the people. They need to listen to what the people want and take their desires and needs into deep consideration. They need to have experience and be involved. They need to have passion and love for what they do. Every day they should find new ways to be a role model. 

What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?

• Mental health is a massive part of my life. I’ve battled with depression, anxiety, mood swings, suicidal thoughts, and troublesome family relationships. The harsh reality is that every one of us has struggled with our mental health but sometimes we aren’t comfortable with talking about it and we don’t have the resources to help us. As a member of ASB, I want mental health to be a bigger part of our school. I want a mental health wall and daily positive affirmations. I know what the lowest of lows feels like and I want to help others through that. I really hope I get the chance to be our ASB Activities Director and give students entertaining, inclusive, and positive activities!!  

Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

• Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! It means a lot and it’s obvious you’re passionate about who you want your ASB officers to be! I would love to continue and stay involved with the leadership process. But, it’s in your hands now! If you do vote for me, I promise you that I will do my best to give you a memorable, heartfelt, and fun year!!

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in