Publicities Director – Margaret Glad
Margaret Glad: (She/Her)
Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?
- I’m very outgoing and i genuinely just want to make next year super fun and have student-involvement with school activities increase. I believe that i’ll do a good job at getting events and announcements well publicized and i’ll work my hardest to be the best publicities director i can be
Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?
- it seemed like the position with the most school involvement, and it seemed to be the most interesting/fun. I knew that i wanted to do something where i could make a positive impact for the school and do something exciting, so i thought that this was the best fit since it’s an active role.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
- Having older and younger siblings, as well as having friends from each grade— i know that i can get a long with anyone, and i have a good grasp on what it takes to get large groups of people together for a common goal.
How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?
- anything that i’ve accomplished in my life, i’ve had to work hard for and i know what it takes to get the job done. I look forward to having a good year and i know that i can give that to the rest of the community
What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?
- I would say that my greatest weakness is that i’ll have a busy year, im going to have my hands full with XC and track and everything that senior year brings me, but i can use this to my advantage as my life has always been busy and i thrive off of staying active. My greatest strength on the other hand is definitely having a full schedule, if i learned anything while in quarantine it’s that i have to stay busy and that i don’t like just laying around, and since publicities director is a big job i know that i will work well with its demands and active schedule.
What do you think makes a good leader?
- Someone who listens to what people want and can work in all kinds of situations since they don’t know that they’ll encounter. In cases of conflict, a good leader needs to look at both sides of the problem and know how to take control in a respectful order.
What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?
- i really want this position and know that i would do a great job!
Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?
- let’s have a great year lakers!!