Publicities Director – Jake Watson

Jake Watson: (He/Him)

Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

• I would say that students should vote for me because of the year of experience I have in the specific role I’m campaigning for. I already know the role an ASB Publicities Director needs to fill because I’ve been in a Leadership class for the last year working with a fantastic one to publicize events. Because of this, my time won’t be spent figuring out what I need to do, it will be spent entirely on projects to help the student body. 

Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?

• Because I love communicating with people, and I already have a year of experience in Leadership doing it as the Junior Class Publicities Director. 

What sets you apart from the other candidates?

• My combination of experience in Leadership and in the specific role of Publicities Director sets me apart from the other candidates. 

How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

• The hours of work I’ve already done for our school during Homecoming, the Canned Food Drive, Color Wars, and preparing for Prom, as well as many other projects should show my willingness to put in the work for our school. 

What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

• The greatest weakness of my position regarding leadership is that it can be a struggle to fit my own ideas in because I’m spending so much of my time communicating the ideas of others. I plan on combating this by balancing my ideas with those of my fellow ASB members so that they aren’t overshadowed. The greatest strength of my position is the ability to directly connect with the student body. I will use this strength to my advantage by projecting a message of positivity and school spirt that encourages involvement in the LOHS community.

What do you think makes a good leader?

• A good leader is someone who can communicate clearly with everyone and is willing to put in as much work as needed, regardless of the recognition they might receive for it. 

What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?

• I want to convey the fact that being on Leadership has been one of the highlights of my time in high school. Working with a group of people to solve problems and improve school for the student body has been a fantastic experience that I want to continue by being a member of ASB next year. 

Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

• I hope that every student and their family is doing well in these unusual times. I look forward to seeing everyone this Fall. 

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Lake Views Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *