Left: Bishan Zheng, Right: Samantha Jarquin

Treasurer – Sophomore Class

Bishan Zheng (He/Him)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

I’m outgoing, social, and hardworking and can make our sophomore year even better

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

I will make a great treasurer because I have a passion for math and number, but also am social and easy to talk to

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

I’ve been determined and done well in school and will equate this work as our sophomore treasurer

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

My greatest weakness regarding my position would be that I talk too much. I could combat this by using it well and generating productive discussion. My greatest strength would be how well I adapt to situations. I can use this to do well and help others under surprises that we will all face.

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

I promise I will make a great treasure and if you vote for Bishan, your problems will be gone!

Samantha Jarquin (She/Her)

I advocate fair and unbiased thinking, meaning I’m a person who doesn’t consider connections when weighing a decision. I’m open to any and all ideas, and I would love to represent everyone equally, even if I don’t know them!

As I’ve stated before, I’m fair and unbiased, as well as selfless and reliable. I’d love to support my class would want and need with no judgement. Additionally, a

s a student who’s been in the fine arts programs, I personally know that we could spread our budget out differently; for everyone, not just our fine art programs.

I’m the type of person who, when they invest time into something, I’ll completely dedicate myself to it. I’d like my peers to know I’m someone who’ll try my best to perfect what I do, and I’m an extreme self-motivator.

I’m a perfectionist-which although it doesn’t seem like a weakness, it leads me to overthink and doubt that whatever I’m doing is the best that I could do. In order to combat this, I will simply have to put more faith in myself! Differing opinions from my peers can also help to ensure that I’m making the beet, educated actions for our school budget. 

My greatest strength has to be my open mind, acceptance and willingness to improve. I am open to any ideas and criticism from my peers. I would love to become the best possible treasurer by using any opinions or any ideas presented to me by my peers.

If you want fair spending of our budget, vote me for treasurer! I won’t let you down.

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in