Left: Logan Ducker, Right: Elijah Maeda

Publicities Director – Junior Class

Logan Ducker (He/Him)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

I treat everybody with kindness and respect, and I always make sure to consider each student’s opinion when making a decision or plan that concerns our school. I am hardworking, open minded, and committed to planning events and activities that are enjoyable for every student at our school.

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

I am very experienced with leadership at our school because I have been a part of it for two years now. I have learned to be a good communicator, and I understand how to execute a good idea because I have been able to watch alongside the upperclassmen officers as they plan events to better our school community. I have learned so much about what goes into planning an event when I planned Winter Formal alongside the other Sophomore officers. The Junior Class Officers are in charge of planning prom and homecoming, and I feel confident that I am able to plan these events in a way that is organized and will get students excited to attend.

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

I care so much about all of my peers, and I really believe that school has the potential to be a place that students want to go to every day, whether it is because of the academics or to participate in a club, game, or performance. I am already putting in effort to work towards that goal next year by becoming president of Random Acts of Kindness Club, and becoming a Laker Crew Leader. I am driven to execute my ideas in order to improve each student’s day.

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

I have a tendency to sometimes take on too many projects at once or underestimate how difficult as task will be or how long it will take. To combat this, (if elected) I will work closely with the other class officers and communicate clearly so that we can support each other and work together. On the other hand, one of my strengths is that I know people from many different friend groups and make an effort to meet new people. I am comfortable speaking to and in front of people. This helps me to connect students with ASB and represent all of the voices in our class.

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

I would just like to say that even though nobody really knows how school will look when we go back, I want to stay connected as a class, possibly through virtual games or student spotlights. I want to make next year the best it can possibly be, and I would really appreciate their vote!

Elijah Maeda (He/Him)

Because I grind and I hustle for the things I want

My ethnic background and my integrity  

Because the students will see what I am able to accomplish once I am voted publicity director

I don’t think I have a weakness when it comes to my position. But my greatest strength that will help me with the position is how social I am and how I motivate others

Just for them to stay safe and enjoy there summer

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in