Clubs and Committees Director – Ella Diaz
Ella Diaz: (She/Her)
Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?
- I’m a new student this year, so I know that not everyone always feels connected or cared for in the community. I will always listen and respect others people’s ideas, and as clubs and committees director, I will ensure that everyone is equally represented and heard.
Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?
- I chose to run for Clubs and Committees Director because I love meeting people with similar interests as me. Joining clubs helped me make friends and get involved after I moved and allows me to be a leader in our community. Although this year was fun, I also heard some complaints about club rush and publicities, and I hope to change that so everyone feels connected and up-to-date on club activities!
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
- I am a unique candidate because I am more involved with our community, including being a Co-President to a club. I am also a new student and have a strong desire to make things the best they can be, and can do that with my perspective of how clubs and leadership work at both of my schools.
How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?
- LOHS Students can count on me to put in the work because I plan on being transparent with my intentions and I will always be available to answer questions. I am a dedicated and passionate person who will always work my hardest and speak up for others, and I have expectations set in place for myself to manage my workload.
What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?
- My greatest weakness is my desire to always have the right answers, even when I don’t. I can be pushy and I’m definitely a perfectionist(even though nobody is perfect). This aspect of my personality can also be one of my greatest strengths because I am extremely thorough and always produce the best work I can.
What do you think makes a good leader?
- Leaders have to be strong, in order to represent ideas and people as best they can. Leaders should be kindhearted with pure intentions, and always strive to be the best. Respect and passion are other qualities any leader needs to have to be successful. I hope to be all of these things and more as a leader, and I will always strive to be the best I can be.
What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?
- I would love to be a part of ASB to further connect myself to the community and support my peers as best as I can. I truly hope everyone is doing well right now and want to be a person that is always available for support and to answer questions that people have.
Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?
- You guys are doing great and are so incredibly loved and important to our community. Let’s come back even stronger than before!