Publicities Director – Stephen Lines

Stephen Lines: (He/Him)

Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

• I think I’m a pretty dependable and approachable person, so I wouldn’t mind people reaching out to me with new ideas if I’m elected. In the end, ASB is supposed to serve the students, so I think it’s important to have reliable communication between the two parties.

Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?

• I already have some experience with publicities through Green Team and Student Council, so I thought it’d be interesting step up and run for a more prominent position this year.

What sets you apart from the other candidates?

• I think the biggest thing is my underclassmen status, which means that I’d have a good connection with both the upperclassmen and underclassmen next year.

How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

• I think people have already seen my work with this year’s Winter Formal and such, so they can expect the same quality of work next year, if not higher.

What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

• I think one of the greatest strengths of my me and my position is that I’m able to create graphics relatively fast, so as soon as ASB knows what’s going on, the students will know very shortly after.
  • As far as a weakness, I tend to come off as monotone or apathetic at times, so morning announcements not be so enthusiastic. However, I’m looking into ways to circumvent that.

What do you think makes a good leader?

• I pick up on things pretty quickly, and I’m a very objective person. Because of that, I’m able rationalize situations fast and make determine the best course of action. While ASB obviously needs charming and charismatic people, they can’t overlook the logistical side of things, and I think that’s where I do best.

What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?

• I’m not as serious in real life as I am on my candidate profile!  I just overthink things a lot. At the end of the day, I’m just another student like anyone else.

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in