Treasurer – Christine Youn

Christine Youn: (She/Her)

Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

• I think inclusivity is very important so I will always make sure everyone is comfortable enough to come to me with their ideas! Thus, I’m always prepared to listen to what anyone has to say! 

Why did you choose to apply for this position, specifically?

• I chose to run for treasurer because it highlights my strengths as a leader. I am more mathematically inclined than other subjects and I am also good at handling money.

What sets you apart from the other candidates?

• Ever since I was little, my parents left me in charge of managing my own money as they thought it was an important set of skills to have. Thanks to that, I have many years of experience with managing money. I also have experience as treasurer within the leadership class because I was junior class treasurer. Thus, I know how things are run and how to lead. I have an immense amount of motivation to lead our student body successfully! 

How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

• After being on leadership this past year, I’ve come to realize how much work ASB really is. Those who are on ASB are not only leaders of the school but leaders within the class itself. The amount of time and effort put into successfully fulfilling each position’s duties is immense. Despite knowing how much I have to put into maintaining this position, I am still running for treasurer because I am ready to put that much effort in and even more. 

What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? Conversely, what are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

• My greatest weakness would be the fact that I’m pretty quiet. Due to this, I’m not always going to be throwing out ideas. However, this is where my strength comes in. I am always listening intently to what is being said. I then take the info and rationally organize it so that we can approach the idea more effectively. Thus, I can use both my strength and my weakness to OUR advantage. 

What do you think makes a good leader?

• I think what makes a good leader is the ability to not only always be ready to listen to and guide people, but also the ability to know when to step down and let others take the lead. They should know how to direct people in the right direction at the front but also to support people onto the right track from the back. A good leader is a good team player and supporter. 

What would you like to convey about yourself that the applications on loelections.com didn’t allow you to?

• I am always prepared to listen to everyone and reflect it in our student body so that everyone’s voices will be heard! 

Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

• Miss you guys! Stay safe and I hope to see you all soon:)

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Lake Views Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *