VP – Sophomore Class

Mark Mankin (He/Him)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

Although I was only a Freshman, I was strived to be present and involved at LOHS. It is difficult for anyone to know and interact with each and every student, but from leadership in the past, I know that every student deserves a voice and representation

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

I am willing to go the extra mile to include others and make school a better place. This year, I spent countless hours outside of school planning fun events with student based feedback, allowing students to have a voice in the community.

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

I not only served in leadership my Freshman year, I was the only Freshman that attended the OASC Leadership conference. This in steeled a great work ethic put towards serving my class.

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

My greatest weakness in my position is feeling fully comfortable speaking in front of large groups. I plan to seek help and guidance from my mentors and continually look for opportunities to improve. My greatest strength is my ability to work well with others. I respect others peoples opinions and I’m open to different perspectives 

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

I am sincere about making our school the best experience it can possibly be! I will work hard to insure that student events are of high quality, and meaningful to the student body.

Margarett Jarquin (She/Her)

They should vote for me because I am unbiased, and will unconditionally represent anyone’s ideas whether they have connections with me or not.

While I am very creative and a hard worker, I can put aside my own ideas and create something the majority of my class would like, rather than just what I personally believe in. 

As someone who has participated in school activities as a student, I know the flaws in them. Problem-solving is part of my nature.

My greatest weaknesses regarding my position is my lack of experience. While I’ve taken leadership in middle school, it doesn’t compare. To combat this, I will learn fast and take advice from experienced peers if I become Vice President. My greatest strengths would have to be my attitude toward criticism. I don’t take anything personal, and I will use that to my advantage by taking negative feedback to better class activities rather than disregarding it and becoming defensive. 

Voting for me will mean voting for unique class events outside of the spirit week and assembly loop we’re all used to, and I won’t let anyone down.

Sahand Ansari – interview pending

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in