Left: Lukas Knipple, Right: Skyler Mees

Secretary – Sophomore Class

Lukas Knipple (He/Him)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

Because I am a focused and driven individual who will get the job done, I also would encourage this student to reach out to me in a friendly manner so that they can get to better know me.

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

I have an eye for where improvements and improvisations can be made. I strive to work with what I have to create a reliable and successful product.

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

I am a 4.0 student of 4 years in a row. I enjoy working towards end goals and I have an abundance of free time that I can put towards improving our school.

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

Weaknesses: 1) Sometimes I can be too willing to go along with others than with my own preferences, and 2) I can get caught up in the smaller details rather than the larger picture. To  combat these I will 1) establish an open-ended relationship with all of my fellow ASB members in which I put my ideas on the table the same as theirs’, and 2) constantly be referencing my own perspectives and goals with those of the people around me.

Strengths: 1) My approachable and curious friendliness towards all people, and 2) my self-disciplined, self-driving focus. I will use these to my advantage in 1) connecting with as many members of my class as possible and 2) to get large scale projects and deadlines organized among all of ASB.

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

Beyond anything else my priority is you, my peers. If there is work you need done, I am the person to get it done for you. I am deeply grateful for the perspectives that all of you offer me everyday. Vote Lukas for Secretary!

Skyler Mees (She/Her)

I’m relatively new to Lake Oswego so most people don’t know me. I’m hoping they’ll vote for me because I want to be more involved so that our high school years will be the best they can be. I’m eager to get to know more people, while making positive changes at our high school. 

I’ve been involved in National Charity League for three years, and through that I’ve learned a lot about working closely with others. I’m anxious to take what I’ve learned and apply it in a different area. Being from a different state I think I could add some fresh eyes, new perspectives, and energy to this position. I feel I’m creative, and have the time and drive to make this my biggest priority for next year. 

I’m a good student, I work really hard to do my best in all my classes. I would work just as hard to do my best for this position. Especially knowing that other students would be counting on me to make our school the best place it can be. 

My biggest weakness is that I am shy and quiet. Even running for class office is a representation that I’m working to put myself out of my comfort zone. I will continue to do that because I believe that’s how we can all overcome our weaknesses. I feel my greatest strength is my experience. I was Vice President of my National Charity League Chapter and have been a part of other committees which allows me to bring many years of expertise to this position and to Leadership. 

I’m really excited for my sophomore year, and hope I get the opportunity to be a part of leadership. 

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in