Top left: David Morgan, Top right: Sheila Bhowmik, Bottom: Amber Prasad

Treasurer – Junior Class

Sheila Bhowmik (She/Her)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

The main thing that I would want them to know is that I am someone who gives my all when I start something and that I will see to it that I fulfill my promises to the best of my abilities. As a student at LOHS, I genuinely have the best interest of other students in mind because our high school experience is a collective one

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

For the last two years I was a class senator and that has given me experience on how to effectively get things done as a student leader while also communicating and getting input from the student body. I already participate in a wide range of school activities from competitive sports to academic clubs, giving me a more expansive and inclusive understanding of the what students like and want.

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

Regardless of what happens, the one thing that I can always guarantee others is that I will put in my best effort into any task that I take on. My work ethic is definitely one of my strongest points and that is reflected in my personality and overall school life.

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

Because I am someone who feels the need to get involved with so many different activities, I sometimes unintentionally overwhelm myself and put too much on my plate. I am actively combating this tendency by creating more personalized calendars and schedules to better map out my time and highlighting my priorities early on.

As a leader I am easy to approach and know how to get multiple parties to compromise so that work gets done effectively. If I am elected as treasurer, I will implement those skills in managing and balancing the class budget.

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

I hope that you (as in the class of 2022) will give me the chance to earn your trust and confidence as the class treasurer. As a fellow student, I will give my all to ensuring that I don’t disappoint, and that I live up to your standards as well as my own.

David Morgan (He/Him)

Because I have the right skill set for the job

I’ve taken numerous classes preparing me exactly for this role, and I have a clear mission to amend the system to bring meaningful change, mainly through transparency

I have taken classes that other candidates have not, most notably AP Econ, giving me extra knowledge on effective budgeting

I have helped run the middle school speech and debate club, as well as done many extracurricular, proving my commitment, and these activities aren’t nearly as important as that of a class treasurer

I think my greatest weakness is experience, I haven’t served as a class treasure before

And the easiest way to change that is through hands on experience

And my greatest strength is the knowledge I have garnered regarding finance and being a treasurer from previous classes

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in