Left to right: Cassie Chan, Oscar Shi, Kate Welton

Secretary – Senior Class

Cassie Chan (She/Her)

• Why should a student, who has potentially never met or interacted with you, vote for you?

I’d hope that people would see that I’m a very genuine person and that my goals as senior class secretary would be, not only to create an amazing year, but also to give support to the students who feel obscure and help them voice their opinions.

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?

My work ethic and dedication aren’t exactly unique to me, but I think how I utilize both in all aspects of my life (not just academic) is unique as I am constantly striving to be better. Also, while many of the people who run for a class office position are extroverts, I’m more of an ambivert. This allows me to balance listening to others and speaking my mind. 

• How would students know that you’re willing to put in the work for our school?

One reflection of my dedication are my grades and another, my work in the yearbook. Being a part of the yearbook means you have to keep up with all the happenings around school and, most of the time, that means putting in extra work. So, I’m no stranger to being at school when it’s dark out – wether that be because of a yearbook deadline or my mom picking me up late when I couldn’t drive! I’m always ready to work overtime if it means getting the job done properly.

• What are your greatest weaknesses regarding your position/leadership? How will you work to combat that? What are your greatest strengths regarding your position/leadership? How will you use that to your advantage?

I think that my greatest weakness is that I am not a fan of conflict. I don’t like to step on people’s toes, put please don’t take this to mean that I’m a pushover, I hate having my toes stepped on just as much. However, I know that all class office positions are meant to represent their student class body, so, if I am elected, I would set aside my preferences to focus on fighting for what our senior class wants. My greatest strength is my perseverance. If one solution doesn’t work out, I will find another one. Thus, while I dislike tension, I am always willing to problem solve meaning that with every issue the senior class office addresses, I’ll work my hardest to find a remedy. 

• Is there anything else you would like to say to students reading this?

Wether I win or lose, I want people to know that I’m still approachable! Our class especially seems very divided by friend groups, but there are so many amazing people in our grade that I’d love to get to know better. So, senior class secretary or not, I hope we all have an amazing year, but with your vote I’ll ensure that it’s the best one yet. Wishing everyone good health and lots of happiness 🙂

Oscar Shi (He/Him)

I believe that my affable manner will give the impression that if a student votes me in, they’d be able to easily communicate with me.

I have a plethora of prior leadership experience, whether that comes from working for weeks as a Outdoor School Student leader, to important roles on the high school swim team.

In the past few years, I’ve tried countless times to be a part of the school Senate to try to help implement various ideas. I’m certain that I’ve shown my desire to help out the school in regards to my dedication in the school senate and reporting back various useful information to class.

I am incredibly prone to procrastination. If there is a task that I need to finish, I’m unlikely to do it until the last day if I don’t have the motivation to do it. However, I know that my interest and excitement in the secretary position gives me the motivation to do things ahead of time.

My greatest strengths would be my notetaking skills and my expertise with technology. I hope that I can use that to make meaningful notes/logs of everyday meetings and be able to have a creative edge in document design or allow students to have a more transparent view of what is happening in the class cabinet.

Make sure to vote for someone who you know will excel at the position. If that person is not me, so be it. Just please make sure that this election is NOT a popularity contest.

Kate Welton (She/Her)

students should vote for me because I am hard working and driven, and passionate about making senior year amazing 

Apart from the other candidates, I have leadership experience. I am also outgoing, and willing to talk to anyone!

I’m really passionate and involved in school events, and really looking forward to be able to serve on senior class for everyone. I’m willing to put in the hours necessary to the make student body happy and satisfied, no matter how tolling for me

I can definitely get super excited about different things, which can results in me having too much on my plate. But with this, i’ve learned the art of prioritization, and focusing my efforts into one project at once! 

I know that I will work hard for you guys, and be the best secretary I can be! I appreciate all your votes:)

Lake Views • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Lake Views Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *