The best iPhone games, ranked

1. Minecraft

Picture this, you are coming back home from a long day of work and you put your gold in your treasure chest, you then turn around to be met with an exploding creeper. Do you…

A. Cry, rage and throw your Ipad at the wall (be careful it still hasn’t recovered from playing Geometry Dash)

B. Cry, rage, cheat more gold into the game, and while you’re at it why don’t you build yourself a house out of diamond and emerald blocks. 

1. Hayday

Hayday has it all, all the thrills of manual labor without even having to get off the couch. Take care of farm animals and spend your gems trying to take down the 3 hour wait time on the cake you’re baking. If you want your farm to be as cool as mine make sure to squish all your animals and machines in one corner and flowers everywhere else.

1. Where’s my Water

Think back to those long car rides with your siblings, passing the Ipad back and forth, seeing who can help a bathing alligator get water running to his bathtub. I bet I just unlocked a core memory that you forgot you had. $10 says you go home and dust off the old Ipad and ask yourself ‘where is my water?’ before diving (get it, diving?) back into the game… It’s okay, everyone has a soft spot for Swampy.

1. Subway Surfers 

If you’re like me and have a seemingly nonexistent attention span, Subway Surfers is the game for you. Along with keeping you focused for a long period of time, Subway Surfers is also a great way to learn the laws of the road. (Life hack: when getting chased by the police, run, jump, and roll on top of trains. Bonus points if you can get your hands on a jetpack.) 

1. Geo Dash

Geometry Dash may be deceiving, it is in fact not about geometry. In this game you are a block tapping to avoid spikes, tread carefully and try not to get distracted by the fire beats that play in the background. This game is recommended if you are okay with raging and throwing your Ipad at the wall. (don’t worry, the cracked screen adds to the Ipad kid aesthetic)

1. Plants vs Zombies

Seriously, these zombies remind us of watching our fellow Lakers enter the school every morning, minus the pea shooting plants that is… we save that for lunch. If you haven’t beat this game at least once, are you even real? We want to know what everyone’s favorite plant is. Ours has to be the potato mines because they’re cute but can explode with the faintest touch. Kind of like me when my friends constantly “forget” to do their homework.

1. Fruit Ninja

Slicing and dicing your way to victory! This game was a good example to our younger selves’ knife expectations for sure. Avoid bombs and cut combos of all different types of fruit, anybody can do it! Anybody else watch “Fruit Ninja IRL” on YouTube? No? Just me…

1. Cooking Fever

Teaching our youth how to cook all delicacies is a must, and that is why you MUST get this game. Undergo the most severe feelings of stress while your customers grunt at you for not getting their smoothies fast enough for their likings. Fight urges of wanting to spend all of your mom’s money on gems and rage over going bankrupt and having to close down your restaurant. Now that I think about it, why did we ever like this game?

1. Temple Run

Temple Run walked so Subway Surfer could run, sorry not sorry. In this game you run away from demon monkeys while avoiding tree stumps, branches and holes in the bridge. Serious question, where is the maintenance team of this bridge? Why are there demon monkeys? How did this infinite bridge over the water just appear? I don’t know, and I don’t care because I am seriously addicted to it.

10.Toca Boca Hair Salon 

Mohawks, mullets, buzz cuts galore. You may think I’m describing the hairstyles at LOHS, but no, I am referencing the legendary game that is TOCA BOCA HAIR SALON! Some of the most vivid memories we have include giving our characters haircuts so rambunctious that if they did attend LOHS, they sure as heck wouldn’t be setting foot on campus for at least a month.

11.Flappy Bird/Dunk  

Get those fingers fired up and ready! Venture your way through tubes, tubes and more tubes! Neverending tubes and never ending tapping, navigate that flappy bird to the end, oh wait there isn’t! Oh well… if you run into a tube you can restart and keep tapping through more tubes!

1. Candy Crush 

Candy Crush is likely buried somewhere within the 10,000 opened apps on your mom’s phone. We think there must be some type of requirement for middle aged women to be passed level 300 of this sweetly puzzling game…. I mean, what’s life without goals, right? 

1. Episode 

This is the game to play when you are in your feels sitting home alone wishing you had a more exciting life. While you play this game your mood starts to brighten from spending 200 gems to wear a dress and 500 gems to stand up to your bully. Finally you reach the final option… ignore your crush as you pass by them, or for 200 gems confess how you really feel. Your face lights up with excitement, but your smile slowly disappears as a notice pops up telling you to pay money to get more gems. You are then snapped back into reality that you are alone on a Saturday night curled up underneath your blanket. 

1. Word Cookies

Okay, picture this, you just finished an intense game of Candy Crush, finally beating level 301, but you still have time before your daughter is done with soccer practice. What do you do? Easy, you play Word Cookies. Or rather, watch 32 ads before you guess words like cat, that and chat, over and over while trying to beat your high score. None of us could tell you why the letters are cookies but it sure makes us hungry… 

1. Noodle/Bacon/Pancake/Burger/Sausage 

Hidden gem alert! Pancake is a game where you flip pancakes. That’s it. This game comes in similar variations of noodle, bacon, burger, and sausage. Game versions available for all diets! Download and play these games and eat it up gurl #slay.