LOHS cross country teams prepare for the state meet

On Oct. 16 the LOHS cross country team ran their first and only home meet of the season. The Boys team finished 3rd place with strong performances from senior Samuel Herron and sophomore Eli Southworth. The junior Varsity Boys team also did well with senior Nicholas Surina leading the JV LO team with the fastest time. The Girls team also performed very well at the home meet. In the Varsity girls race, freshman Chloe Collier ran the fastest time for the schools Varsity Girls team. For the Girl’s JV team, junior Phoebe Garrett ran a strong time during the race.

Just a few days later on Oct. 19, cross country had another race at the Warner Pacific XC Classic. At this race the Boy’s Varsity team finished 4th in a field of 27. The Boys team was led by senior Brogan Deem-Ranzetta, senior` Lance Pancoast and Sophomore Dublin Gingerich who finished 8th, 23rd and 28th respectively out of a field of 183 people . The Girls Varsity team also had a very good performance at Warner Pacific. Notably, sophomore Maria Fernandez-Duran finished 12th in the race.

The cross country team will compete for the Three Rivers League championship on Wednesday Oct. 30 and the state championships on Saturday Nov. 9.