PDA is PD-NAY at LOHS

Forget the textbooks, it’s time to teach the art of discreet hand-holding and covert smooching as PDA has taken over LOHS. Public displays of affection have been more distracting than ever recently as many couples think it is the norm to exchange saliva in the halls before every class period. 

School is not the time or the place for affection. Not only does it make surrounding people uncomfortable, but it should be making the perpetrators uncomfortable. Affection is intimate, and should be saved for certain times. Why would a person want to make their intimacy known to the public anyway? A PDA free school should become a priority to all students and staff. This starts with publicly shaming any couples partaking in PDA (looking at you, health class couple). Any couple that can’t keep their hands and lips to themselves should be reminded of their grotesque distractions and sent straight to the office for some counseling. That is how concerning this issue is. 

We understand you are “in love” with your boyfriend, but please save your making out for the bedroom, not the math hall. It creates an uncomfortable learning environment for both teachers and students and is honestly just gross.

So, dear LOHS lovebirds, let’s keep the sparks flying in your personal spaces and leave the hallways for a more academic pursuit- like finding a way to class without tripping over intertwined couples.