LOHS welcomes Jennifer Shaker as new secretary

As of Nov. 13, Jennifer Shaker has been serving as the new LOHS secretary, replacing Fran Mosquera. Shaker recently moved to Lake Oswego and previously worked at Riverside Brookfield High School in Riverside, Illinois.

“While I’m new to Lake Oswego from Chicago, I lived here in Mountain Park from 2012 to 2016,” said Shaker. “I am somewhat familiar with the area, but mostly born and raised in Chicago.”

Working at the front desk comes with several responsibilities, including “greeting people that come in, like students, parents and vendors that are coming in for meetings. I’m also getting phone calls throughout the day with various questions from just attendance.”

As a new member of the school community, Shaker is most looking forward to “getting to know the students,” as it was a major role at her previous school as well. “I had some really strong relationships with the kids, and it was hard to leave, so I’m hoping to forge some relationships like that here too.” 

At her previous job, Shaker was heavily involved with many school activities. “I learned how to run the scoreboard for the football games, and I did security for some of the soccer games,” she said, “and I’ve been a lifelong volunteer and supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. So that’s a big thing that I do.”

Aside from her work, Shaker also has a freshman daughter at La Salle, and a son in sixth grade at St. Agatha. She encourages students to “just stop by, introduce yourself and say hi,” so be sure to give her a warm welcome as a new LOHS staff member.