LOHS class officers host Rose Haven First Aid project

Over the past month, the junior class officers spent their A3 period planning for their holiday philanthropy event, the Rose Haven First Aid project. The holiday themed activity gave an opportunity for the students of LOHS to help make care packages for the Rose Haven Shelter and Community Center. 

“We’ve been wanting to do something that’s going to help other people because we felt like that was an important part of our school community. We had a ton of ideas for service projects but eventually, we found Rosehaven. After touring the facility and seeing what their mission was we decided that this was a really important cause to help out.” said junior class officer Sofie Howard. 

The planning required the “full dedication from the junior class officers because most of us needed to be involved and invested… we all helped in different aspects of the project from planning to actually being there.” said junior class officer Saha.

Rosehaven requested first aid kits to be made for their shelter, and the school took on the task of preparing these kits with materials provided by the junior class officers.
“We bought hygiene products like band-aids, hand sanitizer, feminine care products and a lot of things like that to put in the kits,” said Saha. 

At the event, there was a larger than expected participation from the school. “The turnout was actually really great. We even kind of had an over succession, and more people than we needed came to the event. It was great seeing people come and help out.” said Saha.

Howard agreed and explained that at the last service event “It was really nice to see that people value what we were doing which was the hope. Seeing the turnout, we want to try and do something like this again. We didn’t bring enough stuff, but next time we should probably buy more so that people can have more jobs to do and be a little more active in serving the community.”