Football season continues full steam ahead

Football season is in full buzz, and so is LO’s spirit when it comes to supporting the Lakers. The LOHS varsity football team has made quite the appearance, winning several games in a row, starting the season off on good feet. They won their first four games against Barlow (40-22), West Salem (42-20), Mountainside (28-14) and McMinnville (35-7).  As well as game number six which was also a win against Oregon City (20-12), it was a close call but the Lakers ended up pulling through.  With their landslide of victories, LOHS can acknowledge that the football team has been working hard and keeping the Laker name in value. 

Even with a tough loss against West Linn (49-14)and Tualatin (0-14) the team is going to keep progressing. Especially now with only 2 games left, and the hope of playoffs coming up. The final two games on the schedule are vs Tigard at home, and vs Lakeridge which is away. In order to do their best at those games the players are planning on working on their past games faults. Senior Annan Lebaron said, “We have things we need to correct and fix as the season goes on.”

Of course having good players creates a great team, but so does how a player acts on and off the field. This year the players have said they are doing a good job of creating a more unified team. Lebaron said, “Seniors have made an effort to really connect with the underclassmen, so our team has better chemistry.” 

LOHS football also hosted a school-wide campaign for Coach Jeff Young called “Live Heads Up.” The campaign was accompanied with a fundraiser, and shirts were available to be bought at lunch with the slogan “Be Like Jeff” to support the cause. It’s safe to say that LOHS showed up and showed their support; the stands were packed with people all dressed in red according to the red-out theme. Keep it up LO football and go Lakers!