The award winning student newspaper of Lake Oswego High School

Lake Views

Lake Views

Lake Views

Polls

Do you have a March Madness bracket?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

LOHS ski team excels at state

While the snow starts to melt and the warm weather creeps around the corner the winter sports season at LOHS eventually comes to an end. This year both the LOHS ski and snowboarding teams made it to states after striving so hard to make the cut. 

The LOHS ski team had an overall great season this year especially when it came to state. From the very beginning, the ski team strived and worked hard by pushing themselves to end the season strong. This season the mens ski team did an outstanding job with placing first and second in their races and placing first in GS at state this year. 

On March 8 the LOHS mens ski team got first place in the GS competition with an overall time of 03:36:92 and placed second in Slalom on March 7 with an overall time of 04:44.12. On the other hand, the womens ski team also did a fantastic job this season placing third overall in their GS competition, with an overall time of 03:53.36. They also did a great job by getting third place in their Slalom and TRL and with Rami Kim placing third overall and Olivia West placing eighth overall. The Laker ski team had an overall great season and a great time at state being the first combined boys and girls team this year. “We had to push each other that much more, but it resulted in a really good end of the season for the team,” said senior Max Wood.

The LOHS snowboarding team also had an overall great season and a great time at state this past weekend. The womens team did a great job and ended up getting 16th place for the individual halfpipe with a total score of 163 by junior Lyla Sotka. Overall the mens snowboarding team got 11th place as a team for halfpipe with a total score of 266. The LOHS snowboarding team did an overall great job this year in the snow at state and had many great memories “All of the competitions and team events were great.My favorite memories this season were during powder days, sending stuff with no fear due to the amount of snow,” said junior Lyla Sotka

The LOHS ski and snowboarding teams did a great job this year with state and have so many more great years to come.